LEUSD News Release #1920-02
LEUSD Announces Administrative Appointments for 2019-20
LAKE ELSINORE—Two new principal appointments and four new assistant principal appointments were recently authorized by LEUSD’s Board of Trustees. The positions of Director, Fiscal Support Services and Director, Personnel Support Services were also filled and ratified by the Board this summer. LEUSD is proud to announce the following appointments and administrative assignments:
School Principals (new):
- Gilbert (Gil) Rodriquez—Canyon Lake Middle School. This is Mr. Rodriquez’s first year at CLMS. Prior to joining LEUSD, Mr. Rodriquez served as Principal of North Mountain Middle School, at San Jacinto USD. He holds a B.A. in Sociology from CSU, Northridge, and an M.A. in Cross Cultural Education from National University.
- Dr. Henry Romero—Lakeside High School. Dr. Romero officially began on April 29, 2019. He earned his Doctorate in Educational Leadership from the University of Southern California. He holds both a B.A. in English and an M.A. in Education from Azusa Pacific University.
Assistant Principals (new):
- Christina Crain—50/50 AP assignment at Tuscany Hills ES and Wildomar Elementary. Prior to joining LEUSD, Ms. Crain served as AP at Harvest Elementary School in the Romoland School District. She holds a B.A. in Business/Accounting from CSU, San Bernardino, and an M.A. in Administration from National University.
- Scott Lawson—AP Athletic Director for Lakeside High School. A former Special Education Teacher, Coach and Athletic Director in the Orange Unified School District, Mr. Lawson is also a highly-regarded Wrestling Coach at Santiago High School in the Corona Norco Unified School District. He holds a B.S. in Kinesiology from CSU, Fullerton, and an M.A. in Educational Administration from Concordia University.
- Kristiane Pavek—AP at Canyon Lake Middle School. Ms. Pavek previously served as AP at Fairgrove Academy in the Hacienda La Puente Unified School District. She holds both a B.A. in Liberal Studies and an M.A. in Curriculum and Instruction from CSU, Dominguez Hills.
- Brandon Stephens—AP at Elsinore High School. Prior to joining LEUSD, Stephens was AP at Jurupa Valley HS in the Jurupa Unified School District. He holds a B.A. in Psychology from CSU, Northridge, and an M.A. in Educational Administration from National University.
School Principal (change in assignment):
- Dr. Peter Hopping—to Principal, Alternative Education. Dr. Hopping has served at Keith McCarthy Academy since April 5, 2019. He previously served as principal at Lakeside High School. As Alternative Education Principal, Dr. Hopping will coordinate existing and new learning programs offered through Alternative Ed., and assist with administrative duties at both Ortega High School and KMA.
- Jeff Marks—current Tuscany Hills Elementary principal Jeff Marks will be the principal at Alberhill Elementary School when it opens in August of 2020. Alberhill ES is under construction.
Assistant Principals (change in assignment):
- Daniel Bosna—from Lakeside High School to Temescal Canyon High School.
- Jeremy Cassara—from Elsinore High School to David A. Brown Middle School.
- Terri Connolly—from split assignment to full school assignment at Railroad Canyon ES.
- Steven Fitch—from split assignment to full school assignment at Donald Graham ES.
- Erin Hill—from Canyon Lake Middle School to Lakeside High School.
District Office (new appointments and assignments):
- Samantha Pelerine—appointment to the new position of Director, Fiscal Support Services. Ms. Pelerine previously served as Coordinator, Department of Fiscal Services for the Riverside County Office of Education. She holds a B.A. in Business Administration with an Accounting Concentration from CSU, San Bernardino.
- Nick Powers—appointment from Principal of Canyon Lake Middle School to Director, Personnel Support Services. Mr. Powers is currently leading the Compensation/Classification Study for LEUSD’s Classified bargaining unit. He holds a B.A. in History from California Polytechnic University, Pomona, and an M.A. in Educational Leadership from CSU, Fullerton.
- Ryan Mulvanny—from a dual role as Principal, Keith McCarthy Academy and Instructional Technology Director to Director, Instructional Technology and Alternative Education. Mr. Mulvanny is currently spearheading an intensive technology training initiative for district teachers. This expanded deployment of iPads and other classroom devices was made possible through the Measure V bond measure approved by voters in 2016. LEUSD is nearing 1:1 parity between iPads and students at every school. As new technology is brought into classrooms, teacher support in the uses of technology for first instruction is now available under the auspices of Administrative and Instructional Technology Services.